Saturday 10 December 2016

EQUIPMENT

For the shoot, I will not require a lot of equipment as the shots I'm thinking of are simple but also connote some form of meaning in order for me to maintain my project goal. The only problem I'm facing is what type of lights I should use. Lighting may also be an issue as I will be handling the camera and possibly the sound kit so I would need another person to help set up the lighting kit. All of the equipment are accessible through the college.

DSLR CAMERA W/ STANDARD LENS


This is the Canon 1200D. It is a starter camera that records at a reasonably good quality. (1080p) The lens is good but could be better if I want to get more of a cinematic shot. This camera does not work very well at low light situations which is a problem as 2 of my locations will have very low light.


The camera has interchangeable modes, but for this project, I will be using the video mode.


This camera is fitted with the standard 18-55mm lens which makes a content shot if used properly and effectively.


During the shoot, I will switch the lens to MF which means 'Manual Focus' so I can change focus at will when shooting a scene that needs dynamic change.


This is the settings menu for the video mode of the camera. I will be referring to this most of the time for the shoot to get the appropriate shots needed.


This is the white balance feature, which changes the camera's colour on the image. All of the shots I need are all indoors so I will refer to the Cloudy mode or the Indoors mode.


This is the frames per second menu. I prefer to use the 1920x1080_24fps_29:59 setting as it records in high quality and provides a cinematic shot.


The ISO setting provides the balance of brightness in the camera. I plan to go strictly only up to 1600 as the higher the ISO is raised, the more 'noisy' the image will be. The 'noise' is the random variation of brightness or colour information in the image which is unwanted.

TRIPOD

This can be obtained from the college and provides me with stable shots which are key for cinematic shots. I plan to book the tripod after the holiday right before filming.



No comments:

Post a Comment