Thursday 12 January 2017

ACTIVITY LOG

This will act as a 'glossary' of all the notes and updates I've made on each blog post all sorted in chronological order so it will be easier to see the progression and development of my Artefact.

09/10/16 – Created the EPQ blog. Started writing down the designated blog posts and created a short introduction as to how the blog will help show the progression of the artefact.

11/10/16 – The production plan has been posted onto the blog, highlighting all the tasks that are needed to complete the artefact.

11/10/16 – Started researching film techniques from online sources. I learned camera techniques that could work well with the film.

12/10/16 – Started drafting short film ideas ans posted them onto the blog.

13/10/16 – Chose an idea that was appropriate and suitable for filming.

02/11/16 – Looking for print based sources both at the library and from my media teacher.

16/11/16 – Updated the production plan on the blog with changes and updates on the tasks.

16/11/16 – I spoke with my EPQ teacher and informed him that I wanted to change the film idea. The idea has been changed into the a crime genre. The Project Proposal Form has also been updated.

16/11/16 – Started working on the script for the film. Working title: Daydream.

17/11/16 – Continued working on the script.

20/11/16 - Completed script. Sent it to peers for feedback.

24/11/16 – I looked at a DVD documentary about light and cinematography.

26/11/16 – Started drafting up the storyboard.

28/11/16 – Storyboard is complete and has been uploaded onto the blog.

28/11/16 – Title of film has been changed from Daydream to Red Herring.

28/11/16 – Cast and actors have been specified and updated onto the blog.

06/12/16 – Worked on each character's costume designs and character profiles. I also worked on the set designs of the rooms as well as the prop designs. The killer's symbol on the story has also been made and updated on the blog.

07/12/16 – I looked at print based sources surrounding the study of cinematography.

10/12/16 – I presented the needed props and materials for the film on the blog.

10/12/16 – I scouted out for the location of the murder scene and assessed if it would work as a crime scene.

10/12/16 – At the same location (Murder Scene) I did some test footage to see if the shots I've put on the storyboard can actually be done.

11/12/16 – The equipment I plan to use is specified and uploaded onto the blog.

14/12/16 – Reviewed and updated the production plan again. Unable to reach the deadline for filming because of an unexpected disturbance. A new deadline to film has been set.

05/01/17 – I was given feedback and criticisms on the script weeks ago. I decided to change the elements on the script that were 'unrealistic' and updated it. The update has been posted on the blog

06/01/17 – I drafted up a risk assessment of the murder scene location to make sure I am aware of the risks and that I followed health and safety procedures.

07/01/17 – I updated the storyboard and adjusted the changes to the different shot elements.

09/01/17 – The created a shot list to use for filming all 3 locations to make sure I get all the shots I need.

11/01/17 – Reviewed with my EPQ teacher. The times and dates for the locations needed for filming is also sorted out on this date. The locations booked out include the Drama Studio (On the 20th) and a classroom (On the 19th). The date for shooting the crime scene has also been confirmed for the 14th of January which will be at my house in one of my rooms.

12/01/17 – I contacted my friends that wanted to take part in the film. All of them are unavailable on the 18th at that particular time (15:00-16:00). This is problematic as this is the only time Matt (The main character) can film on the week. Another contact is also unavailable on the 14th to film the crime scene which is another major problem. I will have to compromise and shoot all the shots I can during those days. I will also contact another person who can play the character for the 14th

12/01/17 – The film equipment has been booked for the 14th. I will pick it up from the college on the 13th and bring it to the film set ready for the 14th.

13/01/17 – Both initial actors for the killer and the victim are unable to come for the 14th of January. I have to compromise and have contacted two other people who are willing to act and are both available for the 14th.

14/01/17 – Filming takes place today, starting at 16.00 right when the sun sets to create a night time scenario. I have set up the equipment including the lights. The actors arrive at 16.00.

15/01/17 – Filming has been successful. The footage I recorded look good and I am satisfied with it. Today, there will be 3 shots needed to be re-shot and the actor has agreed to attend.

15/01/17 – Foley for the scene has been generated and recorded through the sound kit.

15/01/17 – All shots and audio for the murder scene have been recorded. They have been logged into appropriate folders and I started to generate a rough cut to see if the clips work together.

16/01/17 – I heard back from one of my contacts saying that him and Matt are able to come on Thursday and Friday's shoot.

17/01/17 – Booked the equipment needed for the shoot on Thursday. This is the classroom scene, where I would need Matt, student extras and a Teacher.

18/01/17 – I heard back from my contacts informing me that they are unable to film for the classroom scene on Thursday. I decide to cancel the shoot day and re-schedule. I will use the booked classroom on Thursday to test possible camera shots, choreography, lighting and sort out risk assessments.

19/01/17 – I went to the classroom to take photos and video cutaway/establishing shots to use for my recce report and risk assessment forms as well as to test the appropriate lighting style.

19/01/17 – I also booked the equipment needed for Friday’s shoot. All my actors have been sorted out as well as the location and the props. Filming starts at 16:30 and I will be collecting the equipment at around 15:30 to have enough time to set up before the actors arrive.

20/01/17 – All the clips for the segment of the character’s mind in the story have all been shot on location as well as voiceover and audio tracks.

21/01/17 – The clips and audio tracks from yesterday’s shoot have been logged and saved onto the computer ready for editing. I started to edit the shots from yesterday’s shoot and linked it with the murder scene.

22/01/17 – Continued to edit the clips together, formulating a rough cut.

25/01/17 – Started adding fonts and text animations on the shots as part of the scene.

30/01/17 – I added some colour grading on one of the shots to replicate cold conditions and finalised text animations.

15/02/17 – Finished and polished the rough cut for the murder scene and the Isaac’s mind scene. Colour grading, Foley, atmospherics and soundscapes for both scenes are needed to finalise the scenes.

17/01/17 – Booked the equipment needed for the shoot on Thursday. This is the classroom scene, where I would need Matt, student extras and a Teacher.

18/01/17 – I heard back from my contacts informing me that they are unable to film for the classroom scene on Thursday. I decide to cancel the shoot day and re-schedule. I will use the booked classroom on Thursday to test possible camera shots, choreography, lighting and sort out risk assessments.

19/01/17 – I went to the classroom to take photos and video cutaway/establishing shots to use for my recce report and risk assessment forms as well as to test the appropriate lighting style.

19/01/17 – I also booked the equipment needed for Friday’s shoot. All my actors have been sorted out as well as the location and the props. Filming starts at 16:30 and I will be collecting the equipment at around 15:30 to have enough time to set up before the actors arrive.

20/01/17 – All the clips for the segment of the character’s mind in the story have all been shot on location as well as voiceover and audio tracks.

21/01/17 – The clips and audio tracks from yesterday’s shoot have been logged and saved onto the computer ready for editing. I started to edit the shots from yesterday’s shoot and linked it with the murder scene.

22/01/17 – Continued to edit the clips together, formulating a rough cut.

25/01/17 – Started adding fonts and text animations on the shots as part of the scene.

30/01/17 – I added some colour grading on one of the shots to replicate cold conditions and finalised text animations.

15/02/17 – Finished and polished the rough cut for the murder scene and the Isaac’s mind scene. Colour grading, Foley, atmospherics and soundscapes for both scenes are needed to finalise the scenes.

21/02/17 – Worked on the risk assessment for the stage shoot in the drama studio. It is uploaded onto the blog.

21/02/17 – Worked on the RECCE report for the stage in the drama studio. Images of the stage is required to complete it.

22/02/17 – I spoke with my EPQ tutor and updated him on the progress of my short film. I was given feedback to work on the blog and send the documents needed (Project Proposal Form + Activity Log) for the draft hand in by the end of this week.

23/02/17 – Worked on the risk assessment for the classroom. Images have been implemented onto the document and have been uploaded onto the blog.

24/02/17 – Created a RECCE report for the classroom location. The room has been assessed for safety and the document has been uploaded onto the blog.

25/02/17 – Continued to work on the blog. The production phase post has been added showing production stills and a scene preview.

07/03/17 – I emailed my EPQ teacher to request for a classroom booking for the final shots of my shoot.

08/03/17 – A classroom in college has been booked for filming starting at 4pm onwards.  I started to book for the equipment needed and contacted all my actors, ready for the shoot.

08/03/17 – Heard back from the actor playing as the teacher character saying that he will be unavailable to shoot on Friday. He is replaced with another actor, confident to play the teacher.

10/03/17 – All of the shots needed to complete the film have been recorded. Film shoot is wrapped.

11/03/17 – Shots have been logged into the computer and reviewed to see which clips are useable and which aren’t.

12/03/17 – Started editing the clips together. The completed sequences are then dragged to sync in with the new clips.

13/03/17 – Continued to work on the edit. A rough cut for the film has been completed.

14/03/17 – Audio clips are dragged in and synced to the visuals. The tracks have been adjusted to the right volume during the sound mixing process.

15/03/17 – Tracks have been composed for the classroom scenes and the Foley sounds as well as atmospheric sounds have been rendered and synchronised. 

16/03/17 – Final polishes for the film. Credit section has been added. The film has been uploaded on social media (YouTube) as an unlisted video. This will let me show it to a closed group of people to get feedback and any further changes needed.

17/03/17 – Film is being tweaked and prepped for submission to a film festival. A poster is made to spread recognition for social media sites.

18/03/17 – All phases of the film production have now been completed. Distribution process is ongoing. I started working on my EPQ presentation and evaluation. 

19/03/17 – The presentation and evaluation have now been completed, ready for submission. I will be continually updating the blog for posts on post-production.

20/03/17 – Final adjustments on the presentation and evaluation documents. All of the required materials needed for submission have been moved into a memory stick, ready to be submitted.
 
END OF ACTIVITY

No comments:

Post a Comment